Friday, March 04, 2011

Fracas

It's a gastropub in Coventry.  I drive past it everyday to and from work and it's newly opened.  Angel and I decided to venture out and try out this place.

Let's just say, I would not come back.  The ambience is nice.  It's in an old theater with stage and they had a Jazz band playing later that night.  It's set up like what I would imagined a lounge/dinner place would be like.  The food just doesn't have the flair, nothing really spectacular.  It's the typical American fare.  We had the chips and dip for appetizer.  Props for the kettle chips but the dip was a little too ordinary and salty.  I got the pumpkin bisque which was good. I can never turn down pumpkin or squash bisque, a new habit that I've found myself liking more as I get older. For main, I got the Grouper BLT.  It's interesting but I would not get another BLT.  It mostly just taste like someone dumped a bottle of salt into the sandwich.  The grouper was slightly overcooked, not very tender.  So overall, would not visit again.

But the night was salvaged but my chatting time with Angel.  She's been busy and I have in and out of town over the holidays, so it was the first real catch.  Realized we are very similar in a lot of our choices and what we wanted in our lives.  I really hoped she would stay in Cleveland for CRNA school.  I really think that God has put us together for a reason.  She's going through a hard time and I'm just not very happy with where I am currently, just haven't really found my niche.  So with her, I'm going to make the switch to Parkside and see how it goes.  I think unintentionally, we both decide to make this weekly happening, us trying out a new restaurant.

No comments: