Monday, March 07, 2011

Oreintation pt 1

Started my official 1st month of anesthesia training, which is looking more like shadowing senior residents having them show us how OR is set up, the basic day to day functions and just get some basic experiences with procedures.

I had a really good senior for the first half of the month, getting me started.  He was really helpful, telling all the little bits of info that he wished someone had told before.  Then had another one that basically let me know try various techniques and procedures and having me try to be in a room by myself. With them, I had seen some crazy airway cases and icu transfers even the staff were saying that it was not a room for orienting intern. Oh well. It was fun.

Next week, we will be starting with 1 to 1 with staff and they may just leave us alone only with a little more supervision and then our own with with senior staffing 2 rooms.  Can't wait and see how well that will go.

No comments: