Sunday, March 20, 2011

Nighttown ... Taza

So after a day of fellowship and small group workshop at Parkside with Angel and Eric, we went to Nighttown in the Cedar/Fairmount area for their burgers.  We each got our own.  I had blue cheese with mine and we all had mayo (which I believed it house made) with our fries.  It was good, delish, and juicy. I asked for medium well and mine was slightly overcooked.  Angel's was perfectly done for medium well, which should still be slight pink but with no raw juice running out.  Nonetheless, it is good place for bar burger.  Just as we were leaving, they are packed in the sit down area, which I think it's expensive, high end menu, not really my regular fare.  I would definitely come back for a quick bit of burger.  The ambience is very homey, jazzy feel.

On Sunday, after church, we ate at Taza, Lebanese grill.  With Mediterrean restaurants, I always order either gyros or vegetarian cuz they usually have the best vegetarian meals around.  So I did the same today, ordered the vegetarian feast with hummous, baba, tabouli and falafel with pita breads. They served the pita bread first with their homemade dipping sauce (balsamic vingerette, olive oil and sesame seeds).  They have the normal pita and their own pita which they call it puffy pita (poufs up like naan but with yeast).  It was a good pita, wish I could buy in a store. The portion was huge. They only thing I picked on them was that the baba was slightly saltier than I would have liked.  But otherwise, the meal was very light and refreshing.

No comments: