Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Week 1

Today I have my 1 week post op check and get to have the contacts bandages out. Yippee!!!

So before removal, I had the eye chart exam. I was able to see without the pinholes and read about 20/30 right eye and 20/25 left eye with little bit of blurriness.  Then the contacts came out, it feels like it was a layer being peeled.  When doc looked at the corneas, I was told I had some dry spots and keep using the artificial tears (refresh plus) as needed and often.  Now I'm down to just using the steroid drops, on tapering dose.  Guess I'll have to up my usage, I have been using about 5 vials a day, I'll just increase it to 6 a day.  Still using the refresh pm at night and need a vial of artificial tears in the morning when I first open my eyes.

Also, it's my birthday!! I had to work late so I just bought myself birthday dinner and dessert.  I got dumpling noodle soup and jade tofu with fish fillet from Wonton Gourmet, and cassata and tiramisu cake from Presti Bakery. I went to my go to Chinese restaurant here in Cleveland and a yummy Italian bakery in Little Italy.  Overall, a quiet birthday, my typical since I've been living by myself and not being able to go home for it.

No comments: