Monday, November 30, 2009

Interview # 5

St Luke's Roosevelt .. Categorical

The one where my day was filled with what could've gone wrong, went wrong.

I left my place early enough and took the train into NY Penn station plenty of time. Then I hopped onto the subway and took me 2 stops to realize that I got on the wrong direction. Of course. I got off and cross the streets to try to get on the other way. I bought the ticket and went in then realize I was on the wrong direction platform again. I had to get out and cross the other way to finally get on the uptown subway. I got off and I have 5 min before breakfast and I would only be 5 min late, so it wasn't too big of a deal. Then I walked in the wrong direction and I had to bactracked a block and walk the original 2 blocks. I ended up being 15 min late to breakfast and walked into a roomful of people dressed in suits. Ugh.

The program felt a little out of place for me. I'm still not sure what is it that made me feel that way. The PD and chair were role playing and entertaining us during their orientation/presentation. They were the only ones to interview. They didn't ask anything about me and their only question was if I have any questions. That was it. The residents came in during their lunch breaks and they didn't hide the fact that this was not their first choice and some even said that they wouldn't come if they did want to stay in the city.

They are definitely known for regional. Starting as CA 1 they dive right into doing the regional procedures. The residents didn't seem as happy as some other places I have been to so far. They definitely to rave about it.

They do have subsidized housing but even then, it's $1400 for studio. expensive.

Overall, it's a quality program, just not sure how I'll rank them.

No comments: