Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Interview # 4

CCF ... Categorical

As per my previous review, nothing change during this visit for me. I was a little intimidated going in because of the other applicants not becuase of the interviewers. The applicants all seem to be from a much stronger batch than myself so there was a little inferiority complex. But other than that, CCF is still what I saw 2 months ago.

They put us up at the Intercontinental next to the Clinic. They were very accomodating. I got in very early, right around their checkout time, and they were able to put me into a room with no fuss. I was impressed. For dinner, we all met at the lobby and they chartered a bus/van for us. There were 2 chiefs there with interns and all other classes. Dinner was at Fire in Shaker's Square.

Interview day started aroun 7am and done by 2pm. Interviewed with 3 facutly and 1 residents, not necessarily the chiefs. The interviews were laid back and the ones with the chair and PD were nice and short. Everyone interviews with PD and others are just luck of the draw. Residents came in during lunch and tour was after. Tour was long, 1 hour and definitely needed the walking shoes. They took us all over the clinic. Whew.

They no longer do the exit interview where they sort of give you hint of how likely you'll match there because the PD and the chair are new.

Overall, they are still one of my tops and would love to be there.

No comments: