Friday, September 29, 2006

A day with 3 hours of zzzz + a cup of caffeine .....

That was me yesterday and what a fun it was. It started with 5:30am studying for for anatomy and meeting my lab group at 7:30 to go over our cadaver for the ID quiz later in the afternoon. Then calsses went from 9am to noon. That was great because I was really hyper and people around were like what was I on? hehe. Then anatomy lab after lunch and it was exhausting. My school was having a CME day with Alumni reunion weekend so we had all these older docs who graduated from the 50s coming into our lab walking around. On top of that, we were dissecting the forearm. Boy was that painful. Every time our group look over to the clock it seemed like the clock never moved and half the time we couldn't even find the right muscles in the area. We were guessing the whole time and had to have a professor coming over every so often to confirm what we've found. Then I went back to my apt and slept, right through an activity that I was gonna go that evening. It was a non productive studying evening especially with a Biochem test on Monday morning. Ugh.

The day before my hyper day was when I went with a 2nd year to an elementary school and did school physicals for 5th graders. That was fun. The kids love to talk if you ask them questions but I was busying trying to remember how to use the diagnostic equipment on them without looking like an idiot half the time. :P That really reminded of the fun times of being a doc. And I actually felt like "Wow! Ihave done something real life instead of all the books sitting in my living room right now waiting to be cracked open and poured over." It was a great reality and perspective check for however short the 2 hours were.

Anyways, now I'm gonna start my day off with Biochem studying and gonna go crazy over it till I know it like the back of my hand. Toodles.

1 comment:

Sandy said...

hi carina!! miss you. :-P