Sunday, September 03, 2006

Cadavers .... Meat.....EWW!!!

I am having fun here in med school so far and that has included the anatomy class with cadavers. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll ever look at beef and pork the same way and may haps chicken as well. The labs were exhaustingly long. It's about 3 hours each time and it's always at the end of the day. So far, we have done the back muscles and pulling the muscles back to get to the spine. And that has been gross enough with the meats. I haven't eaten any red meat since my first day of lab and I have some left in my freezer from when my family was here.
Besides the cadavers, classes had been going relatively well despite having this crazy prof and two quizzes. The crazy prof just lectures from his memory and likes to use a different textbook than required. It was really annoying. He teaches two subject under two main courses. This week has been relatively normal but it will start to the point where I will go crazy. We are starting school physicals where we actually get to help to do them with the second years in two weeks and we have our own patient practical by the end of the month. scary or what!
Today, I actually went to a church that I've found to be decent compared to the last two that I've went to. They are conservative (i think) but the wroship service is a combination of the big service at GCC and Crossrods. The pastor is like Rick Holland, very short and very contemporary. The set up of the service is like the big church. Besides this, they spoke on the Word not in the sense that I'm used to. But more topical based and used the Word as reference. It is not bad, but it's just something different. It was when I was sitting there that I realized how fortunate I was to be under GOC and GCC for the past four years at UCLA. Without them, I don't think I could've grown as much. I know that I'm not make comparsion but sometimes, I just couldn't help it. This will be an area I'll have to work on. Next week I'll try out one more and it's a baptist church then I'll probably make a final decision.
I miss all my buddies from Cal and Chinese food and my family. I didn't think I would miss them so much since I've been away from home since freshmen year in college. But this time is different. I feel like I've officially moved out of my parents' home and will be on my own from now on. sad... :( Nonetheless, I'm excited to see what the Lord has planned for me for the next year here in Missouri. But for now, gotta go gof more Biochem and study for all the other lectures and exams.... tons more work.

By the way, my previous post were here
This was before I've found this to be user - friendlier that xanga.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

so you like short people, eh? nice. works well for me, doesn't it?