Monday, September 25, 2006

Bedtime Ramblings ...

A little something before I go to bed ....

Pastor Bob Shaffer at Grace Community Bible Church (that I went to today) said something that just stuck in my mind. He said, "The danger to being a Christian is not allowing to fail. You can't fail out of Kingdom of God. Once it's given, it's given." What he said was very true and it just reminded me of us being man. We can't be perfected by our own works and that it has to be through God. By us claiming that we are not failures in God's standards, we are sinning already because our nature is sinful. I don't exactly know what I'm saying right now, but all I can say is that we need to own up to it that we are failures and sinners and that it is because Christ's resurrection that we might even have the hope of eternity and the personal relationship with God.

I don't know why this stuck out. Maybe it's because now I'm truly wondering why med school. It's so hard on life and on my body as well. Staying up more hours than I ever care for, constantly wondering when I can squeeze in more studying time. I feel like my life has been going on fastforward with studying and attending class ever since med shool started. Today at church, I thought about whether this is what God has planned for me and is calling me to do. I have nothing to complain but this is just my tired thinking. I know that God has opened this door for me and will help me through it. Now if my heart can be at the same place, that would be awesome.

Anyways, I think I will settle with Grace Community Bible Church. I find this place to be most homecoming to me, feel like I've come home. But we'll see how well I can be plugged in since I've only been to the worship services. :)

This past week has been busy. But nonetheless, it's been going. I am elected to the secretary of OB/Gyn club by default because I was the only one running. So that'll be fun and interesting to see how it'll work out with me. I've been catching up to watch House, MD every week since the new season but it's on a tape since I work on Tuesday nites. I watch it with another girl, Courtney who I go to bible study and church with. She's still searching for a church and may end up at the same church. Oh, and I'm going to medical Spanish so maybe my horrible Spanish will be put into good use. haha.

I really need to keep going to the gym. It's so hard to go at the end of the day, especially after sitting in all those lectures and thinking of all those notes to study over. sigh. I am determined to go to the gym at least 3 times a week. That's my pledge.

Now is really my bedtime. Good nite.

No comments: