Monday, August 17, 2009

JFK

Saturday, Wei and I went to JFK museum in Dallas, basically to see the history of JFK's assasination. The museum was full of the his life and family stories and his political career up to his assasination and the aftermath. I felt that the museum did a really good job in transforming the building where the shots were fired into a walk through history showing what happened at the time and how the case was pieced together by the technology of the time.

I thought it was interesting in how the city preserved the "X" that marks the spot where JFK was shot. The city paints it every year to keep it visible from the 6th floor of the museum. Then the museum keeps the same box arrangement where the assasin was. It really give the sense of you being there and being able to piece together yourself what happened.

The aftermath was also talked about as well. I don't remember much but what sticks out was the fact that not only the people loved and mourned JFK but even the politics afterwards were still following what he dreamt of. It was just amazing to me that a president was so loved that he made an incredible impact during his interrupted reign.

It was through the museum that I get know some history of Parkland Memorial Hospital, place where I'm rotating through. I'm glad that I visited the museum, now I can put a place in mind regarding this incredibly sad history of US.

No comments: