Sunday, January 02, 2011

Reflections ... Ringing in 2012

2011 has been good and bad for me.  Started the year off with major seasonal depression, the worst winter blues I've ever had. But in the midst of it, I gained a good friend Angel who was willing to satisfy to urge for going out to restaurants.  I lend her my listening ears and in return I get company, a good swap I believed.  My biggest problem then was finding a good fit in a church that I could call home.  I was going to Parkside for awhile but found that it was too big, not really what I'm looking for.  But I also know that CCCC was not where I should be even though I couldn't really give a good reason for it until now. So I was church hopping for a couple of months and then I finally just stopped some time during the summer.  I did participated in an intense "spiritual boot camp" where I feel more and more that what I'm looking for is not here in Cleveland but I need a place for my spiritual growth.  That's going to be a problem.  At the same time, my Ca 1 year got going where it's the beginning where you are by yourself in the ORs and determines whether you sink or swim.  On top of that I have to juggle reading/studying time into the daily schedule.  Also, finally found someone who would be willing to work with me with my crazy symptoms of hypothyroid but labs said otherwise. With all this, I felt like this has truly been one of my lowest year yet and felt like emotionally stalled.  I don't know when my bright outlook will come back but hoped the 2012 will bring some energy back into my life.

With my grandmother's death not too long ago, realized life needs to be fun, enjoyed to the maxed, because if we wait, there's no guarantee that we will get to do what we've always wanted to do.  I feel like everyone should have a list of things that are must do but they have to things that we would normally not do.

I'm determined to accomplish something in my life, therefore, only 5 resolutions chosen.

Resolutions for 2012:
1. lose 30lbs - good eating and exercise
2. be consistent in quiet times
3. pick a church to attend 2x a month
4. be good about calling home 1-2x a week
5. be mindful of budgeting and put away savings for my next big trip

See you again 12/31/12!  Hopefully all will be checked off.

No comments: