Sunday, March 22, 2009

Anesthesiology

I just finished my 2 week rotation in anesthesiology. It's been fun. I definitely enjoyed my 2 weeks there. The people there were fun and I had a lot of fun with them. I just felt that the people there are happy and very satisfied with their career choice.

Even though there is a bit of physiology, I'm sure I can get it eventually, but everything is very much to my liking. It has calculations and pharm. It's more of having answers right there and then. It is not like in medicine where there is not an end to treatment. So far I haven't seen much of where there isn't an end to the treatment plan. There's always a definite end, very much like surgery. The hands on portion is very much delicate as well. Like spinal or epidural, it's a fine touch and can easily cause big problems. Even intubation is delicate as well. There's an art to it, deciding how to intubate and the actual intubation itself.

I feel more solid in choosing this specialty. Now the problem is figuring out how to get to it.

I picked out my USMLE Step 2 date: July 11

No comments: