Monday, December 01, 2008

Thanksgiving on the East

This is the first Thanksgiving away from home. I'm spent it with Kirstin's family. She is my closest friend in med school. Her family is very much like mine so it was very comfortable. I definitely enjoyed it and had 2 thanksgiving dinners, one at her brother's place and the second one at her home. It was yummy. My favorite was the Pumpkin Gingerbread. I found the recipe that her mom used and I'm going to try it one of these days.

We also did the Black Friday shopping but we did it at 9am. It was all girls, her mom and her sister (Katie), Kirstin and I, so we did the usual stops, NY&Co, Express, Victoria's Secrets and Bath and Body Works, JC Penny. I have bought sweaters, enough to last me for a long while. I was able to buy the gift for the girl I picked from the inner city organization. So all in all, it's been a good couple days of break away from the hospital. The weather was good until I had to drive back from Saugerties. That day started off with flurries, then raining then icy rain. The road wasn't bad at all but the drivers were kind crazy. 3 accidents along the Thruway which took me 3 hours to get back when it should've taken me 1.5-2 hours. Oh well.

I'm just glad that I didn't have to spend Thanksgiving by myself and in Newark. Thank God for giving me a friend in med school when I didn't think I would find a good Christian girlfriend.

No comments: