Monday, December 29, 2008

Break time

I was only able to spend 6 full days at home over the holiday. It was short but was definitely fun. Just going home and sleeping in my own bed with no real schedule to follow and things to do was awesome. I did eat lots of yummy food, basically caught up on all the food the food that I didn't eat for the last couple of months. I don't like eating out in restaurant by myself, particularly for dinner. Lunch is fine but I'm usually at the hospital during the day and going out to lunch is a luxury. I always make my rounds on a few good local Chinese restaurants, sushi buffet, northern Chinese restaurant.

I kind of like the fact that we didn't go anywhere this holiday, with the exception of the family holiday dinner. Every year that dinner is always a bore and I could never wait for it to be over. I don't really talk to any of the cousins despite the fact that we all lived nearby all our lives. But there was a surprise, my cousin, Bruce, was actually fairly talkative and I found out that he recently became a Christian. I could definitely see a change in him that was very unexpected. God really did something that I would not expect. He and his family are very into Buddhism and all the superstitious beliefs. Aside from the pleasant surprise, it's the same old things, like boyfriends, work, what field I'm going into, how long I'm in town and why so short stay.

I think they really do play a part in my wanting to not go back home yet. They really do make me feel uncomfortable because to them, I'm somebody that they can make use of and get some good advantages. It's almost like I'm a family obligation and they don't even want to try to get to know who I am and why I'm doing the things I'm doing. I don't know. I think until I don't feel that way about them, I won't have the strong desire to really go and stay.

No comments: