Saturday, April 14, 2012

Freaky Friday the 13th

This was my first weird day during residency so far. It was like everything gone wrong with every on of my cases.  The first was supposedly simply J tube for feeding but the patient first had a doomsday feeling and then went into PEA arrest where heart stopped beating but still sending electrical activity. This happened when we busy starting IVs and intubating.  We almost didn't believed it happening but we reacted quickly. Of course, case was cancelled.

Then we got another add on, which was a disaster as the surgeons didn't know exactly what they are going to do until they open him.  Of course, we have to prepared for the worse. Since we were somewhat ready, it wasn't as bad as expected. Just busy throughout the entire time to make sure he was very stable.

Whew! what a day. busy, long, tired, so happy when I got relieved to go home.  My feet hurt and I just wanted to sleep.

No comments: