Friday, October 01, 2010

SalonBlu

I'm in search of a salon here in Cleveland that can give me a Asian layering haircut that I've had from my favorite hairdress in SF. Since I won't be going home as often as I like, I really need one here. My hair is now long enough where once it gets out of shape, it gets annoying and makes me want to chop it all off. I do want to keep my hair long for a while.

So I found this salon from Groupon and was pretty much 50% off with a facial/massage. The salon was quaint, cute and would love to be able to love it and make it my place for next 4 years. Unfortunately, I ended up with Sammy and by the way she was cutting my hair, she's still fairly new and needs more experience. Also I couldn't see how the other 2 hairdressers do since one was doing coloring and the other was styling. Also they don't seem to know what Asian layering style cut means. So I walked out with a fairly uniformed layering, a trim and not much of thinning out as I would have like. Even the bangs was done well. Bangs were cut but there wasn't much of a flow from bangs to the rest of the hair.

I guess this was an okay haircut until it grows out of shape and try another salon. There's a couple that I want to try. I think the next one would Michael Christopher salon.

SalonBlu
Michael Christopher Salon
Laura Lee Aveda Salon (Coventry)
Rosalina's Markfrank (Shaker Hts)
Lucia's Salon

No comments: