Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Girls Night/ Weekend ...

Desperately in need of girl time and connections ... Help ...

So far, only been in the ED for about 3 weeks and have already felt very isolated. Before moving to Cleveland, I've always had some girlfriends with whom I could rant and rave to and just to meet up for lunch/dinner. I have yet to find my own group here.

So Friday nite, we had a interns' girls nite out with Tania and Deanna, a fellow anesthesia intern and derm intern. We went out to niteclub to dance and had drinks. Guys that nite were mostly creepers but we had a great time just dancing and being silly. We also had girls talk prior to going out as well. As usual, we talked about guys and the pickings that we have in Cleveland. It was fun.

Then I just had a quiet weekend with a phone call to Kirstin, just catching up. I really miss her. She was my biggest lifeline throughout med school. We were brought up in similar family lifestyle despite her being white and me Chinese. It was soothing to be able to talk to her and have her understand what's going on in our lives since we are both interns. I really want to make plans to go see her in Bronx sometimes soon. I need my Kirstin dose.

Then, Monday, I just spent a few hours before work with Sarah E and her 2 little adorable boys. It was calming to chitchat with her about finding our own niche in Cleveland as we both see Cleveland as a place for residency only. Her 2 little boys really reminded me of how much kids have and how innocent and naive we all were. They are so adorable and everything to them is so new to them. Her baby, Drew, is so content to just look around and getting used to what's happening in the world. Wondering what they think about everything that they see.

This was a good weekend to just reconnect with the world outside, away from the hospital. But I really miss the student times when we call for girls time we would go out, eat, chat or traveling. so much easier to set up. ::sigh::

No comments: