Thursday, June 17, 2010

Last vacay home for the year...

Spent three weeks ... I think it's the longest that I have spent home since I've left for college back in 2002. It was great ... a last vacay of just bumming around before the crazy residency starts in Cleveland.

I really miss the time with my parents and made realize that they already have their own schedule to their lives and are quite happy. I spent lots of time eating out with my mom and eating my mom's homemade food. It was great time to just be able to chat with my parents the "adult" topics that I never really cared even a couple months ago.

It finally hit me that being away from home for so long that I don't really my parents' home as my home any more. I still say I'm original from Cali cause I just can't shake off my Cali style but I tend to say I'm from wherever that I have been living before. Now, I'll say that I'm from Jersey. My parents' place now has become one of my vacation place where I can just lounge and not obligated to do anything beside visiting my family. I even feel like I'm a visitor at the church that I grew up in. I guess this is part of growing up and becoming an adult and moving so far away from home.

I don't know when I'll be moving back to Cali but I have a feeling that it'll be awhile.

No comments: