Saturday, July 11, 2009

Step 2 CK

Just took CK ... boy was that draining. It was a long test and definitely test your stamina on top of medical knowledge. The questions were detailed and the format very similar to the USMLE World. I truly think that UW is golden. I felt that there were quite a few repeats but I really don't remember. I'm so tired that by the last 2 sections, I was so tempted to just go through it and just be done but I forced myself to checked all the flagged questions and keep my concentration.

I can't really say which area was more focused on, just that they are fairly well distributed. I can't say which was easier, UW or CK. I felt that on some section CK was super hard and others were much easier. There are definitely a few questions that tested like Step 1, asking the pharmacokinetics of drugs and microbiology. There might be others but I don't remember now. I truly think that the computer has an algorithm where depending on the percent correct on previous section, it will pull together a certain level of question for the next section. I could totally be paranoid but the dificulty really varied.

Now, I'll just have to wait for the score to come back. I'm really hoping for 220s but anything above my Step 1, I'll take. I totally panicked and stressed out about 3 days before the test, knowing that I really need to score well in order to compensate somewhat for Step 1 and to apply for anesthesiology. So I'm hoping for the best now.

No comments: