Thursday, July 16, 2009

Step 2 CE

Finally done ... hopefully won't have to worry about the next step for another 12-18 months or so.

The day started at 8am and I finished around 4:30pm. I finished the test about 30 min early. I could have finished early but I needed more time for the afternoon session since I tend to have a harder time in the afternoon.

Anyways, the test is so frustrating. I don't what is it about COMLEX that gets everyone I know very frustrated. This year is the medical ethics and law. There were so many of them that I don't really know how to answer them. The frustrating thing about the questions is that they gave minimal information and expects you to figure out what they want and answer the questions. I find the individual questions harder to figure out and answer. The linked questions felt more reasonable, may be because they let you go back and forth within the linked questions. The diagnosis for those questions were easier to distinguish.

There were definitely quite a bit of OB, not as much peds as I was expecting. Definitely there were questions about management and the next diagnostic steps. The OMM were not as crazy as Step 1, maybe they figured out it's better to test the practical aspect of OMM instead of the obscurities. I felt that Boards and Wards was very helpful in that aspect. I used the COMLEX Review: Clinical Anatomy and OMM for the OMM portion of the test. It's the same book that I used for Step 1. This book also has the sections for each individual specialty as well. COMBANK was helpful in that it helps me in changing my thinking from USMLE to COMLEX.

Again, I'm now hoping for the best and hope that the score is better than my Step 1.

The prep post to come after my trip to SF for a family weekend.

No comments: