Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Duk Bok Ki

I was watching some Korean shows and keep seeing the DukBokki. I remembered eating them and loving it when I was visitin Korea. So I got the urge to look up the recipe. It doesn't seem hard and the ingredients seem easy to find, especially now that I know where a Korean marked is in my area. Yummy. Can't wait to try it.

Ingredients:
4 servings Korean Rice Cake (tteok)
2 tablespoons Sugar*
2tablespoons Branston Soya Beans In Mediterranean Sauce
2 tablespoons Fermented Red Pepper Paste(gochujang)
1 teaspoons Garlic
1 servings Carrots

Instructions:


Put the rice cake in cold water for about 15 minutes to soften.

Put 1 cup cold water in large pot. Add sugar, soy bean sauce, red hot chili paste and garlic. Bring to a boil and boil for about 5 minutes.

Put the rice cake in the pot and continue to boil for 10 minutes.

Add chopped scallions and continue to boil for 2-3 minutes.


Calories 311 Calories from Fat 17
Total Fat 2.33g Saturated Fat 0g Monounsaturated Fat 1g Polyunsaturated Fat 0.03g Sodium 319.44mg Potassium 105.34mg
Total Carbohydrate 65.68g Dietary Fiber 2.02g Sugars 8.01g
Protein 15.25g

No comments: