Tuesday, September 02, 2008

First Day

I just started my Peds rotation today. I am assigned to a private clinic setting with 2 docs. Today was a lot of kids coming to get their school physicals signed. It was a lot of the same things but there are variations. I saw some of the cutest kids.

The one thing that strikes me was that I'm at lost half the time. It wasn't because of being the first day, it was the fact I have to listen hard just to understand the patients. Majority of the patients speak Spanish. It's been so long since I have really listened and tried to understand Spanish. I was surprised at the words that I was able to pick just today. I'm guessing by the end of this month, I'll at least be able to understand Spanish like I was in high school. Haha. Who would've guessed.

Anyways, I'll just have to see where this goes.

No comments: