Friday, August 22, 2008

Week of Little Things

Oh Boy! This week was not busy but just lots of things to take care of. The first grocery of the apartment and the little things that my apartment needed, ie nite lites, flashlight, butcher knife. I spent too much time looking for a decent and cheap pitcher for making iced tea. That shouldn't be hard but it was. It seems like people here don't use it or they buy ones that are overpriced.

Then I have to take care of car insurance, registration and losing my CA driver's License. Really didn't want to do that but if I want my car to be legal here in Jersey, I gotta lose it. ::sigh:: Totally not happy about it. So I went to transfer my insurance from MO to NJ within State Farm. I find out I have to pay arms and legs for insurance, tripling what I was paying in MO. Totally not cool. So I spent a couple of hours shopping for insurance and now I'm with Geico. They only double what I was paying in MO and I get Roadside Assistance. How awesome is that. It's the one thing that has gone my way. :)

Then I went to get a library card. The library around my place still uses the catalog index cards system and not computerized. So I have to wait another 30 days before I could check books out from another local library. Ugh.

Then I find out I can't order checks from WaMu because I have changed my address and I have wait for 30 days. And on top of that, the branches here can't do any maintenance stuff because the CA system is different than the Jersey ones. They are suppose to be a nationwide banks. I'm ready to pull my hair out.

Nothing is going my way and the errands are taking too long to get done. So I'm catching up on the TV show, The Closer as a comfort. On a side note, I found those caffeine mints that I've bought in Walmart in Kirksville. I found them in CVS. Yippee.

No comments: