Monday, November 27, 2006

Thanksgiving Break!!

It's been a week since my short week break. The break from school was wonderful but too short for my liking. I had a busy but mindless week. It was mostly dring my brother to and back from UOP until he got out on Tues. Then busy trying to find my parents a decent priced brand new car to buy. That took about three days to do. In between all the gatherings, squeezed in some TV catch up time. Sleep did not get caught up but got the daily 8hrs a nite. Not enough.

This is the first time that I realize that going home and back to school is an all day ordeal. It takes 3hrs from the airport to my apt and then another 3-4 hrs of flight and the time change. craziness. On my way back to school, I had to take a freeway that only had about 2sec for me to enter from the airport exit and of course, I missed that. Then I took a freeway that is a longer route. Another girl in my car had to call someone and asked for directions to get back on the shorter route. What a detour! But I did get to see the Kansas City Stadium. Hehe. I'm so not going to drive for Christmas. It'll be too much for me. Ugh!

Anyway, going home made me realize how much I do miss a strong church even though my home church is not as strong as GCC but it's much better than the one I go to out here. I really miss the fellowship. People actually talked and hangout and are not busy rushing around doing things. Here at school, I never really get a chance to stay and hang around cuz I'm always trying to get back and get studying going so I can get as much studying in as I can possibly squeezed in 24hrs.

But God still bless me with my family and friends I've made at UCLA. Being able to catch up with them and their flexibilty with my lack of time to talk during the quarter have been a wonderful gift for me during the quarter. Thank and praise God for carrying me through this past quarter. He has answered my prayer at the end where I was on the borderline of failing 2 classes but He is gracious and gave me something beyond what I was expecting. I'm enjoying the challenge and the gift that God has bestowed on me and just pray that I'll learn even more from Him the upcoming months and years.

In short version, this was my week at home!! more to come about my first week at school with our Prom tonite.

No comments: