Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

This year was very low-key. I spent it with a family that I met not too long ago and the wife, Melissa, is also my endocrinologist.  I didn't have to work the day of and had very light day before and after. We just had dinner and just chatted about random things.   Also got to play with their 2 little girls, absolutely adorable. They are definitely a family that I don't mind hanging out with again.  Dinner was actually yummy. They had their food delivered from a grocery store and all they did was heated up.  The cranberry sauce, mashed potato, turkey and stuffing were good.  Corn souffle was a maybe but the green bean was a no.  But it was still enjoyable cuz of the company.

The one thing I was happy was that I finally get to make another apple pie, except this time, I changed it to crumbled and used a combination of granny smith and fuji apples. It was yummy. Friends at dinner enjoyed it too. It wasn't too sweet but it definitely needed another apple in the mix.

No comments: