Saturday, October 22, 2011

Beloved Grandmother

I feel like I should feel more about my grandmother's passing but I don't.  Then I started thinking about the reason behind it. I realized that I was never particularly close to her, unlike the way I was with my mom's mom.  I think by the time that I had any consistent relationship with her I was already in high school and that was the time when we had more problems with my dad's side.  I'm sure she was proud of all her grandkids but I could who she favors more and that she wants to know more about their lives.  Part of it was also my fault in that I just didn't open up to her.  I understand it's a quirky trait of mine that it's hard for me to open up to people.  She lived a long life where she did a lot of amazing things, opened up herself to enjoy life.  That's the one thing I'll always remember her for.

Rest in peace, ma-ma.

passed Oct 13, 2011
wake Oct 21, 2011
funeral Oct 22, 2011

English Obituary

Chinese Obituary

No comments: