Sunday, May 23, 2010

Med School Graduation

Finally after 4 crazy years, I'm Dr. Carina Cheung. Until this day, I still don't really respond when people called my Dr. Cheung. It takes me a bit to go Oh! That's me. It was great to see my Aunt and Uncle whom I haven't seen for years. I got to see my silly cousin and his wife too. It's always great to get to see family.

Everything before graduation went smoothlyg. The financial aid session was mindboggling in that I have too much debt and there are too much info to process to find the best way to pay off the debt. AHHH!! Had a good time catching up with everyone in class. It's been almost 2 years since we've seen each other and it was good times. There are so many new babies. I'm guessing our class now have about 50+ kids. It was great seeing the girls from CMDA and see how our lives are. We had a class party and a white coat bonfire. Too funny.

The only glitch was the my family's flights were delayed and missed their connection but thank the Lord! He made it happen so they can get on the later flight and arrive a couple hours of later than planned.

None of the I'm a doctor mindset hit me until we recite our Hippocratic oath. That's when I realize that I'm really going to be responsible for people's lives now come July 1st. I'm still trying to process that thought. Who knows when I will fully wrap my head around that thought? The one thing that I have no trouble with is that God has made all this happen. Without Him, I would not be where I am today. Now just waiting for my next adventure... Cleveland Clinic ...

No comments: