Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Update ... as promised!

The month of February had been horrible with tests been thrown at me with lightening speed but I'm very glad that I have God at my side to ground me and give me strength to get through it. I've also gone through more dark chocolate and racquetball than I want or planned to ::sigh:: Stress definitely got to me.

No more school talk, especially on the week that I'm home. =P

This past couple of weeks have been filled with happy and sad news. Starting with the sad news. Someone I know very well decided to drop out because he felt that God had given him a calling to do something else. I admire him for having the guts to withdraw and face the music, especially with his parents. I know it must not have been easy decision. Props to him. Sometimes I really wonder what God has planned for me. I just wished I could've known ahead of times but that's the beauty of God. He gives us amazing calling and comes in different forms.

The good news is that I'm involved in CMDA, Bible study, as secretary on the exec board and I'm excited in planning with the others for the next year and the incoming young'uns. Also I'll be going to Colorado Spings in about a week for a conference. It's all very exciting. Can't wait.

One more big thing I have to give thanks for. My dad made it through a successful surgery last Thurs and now is on a good road to recovery. I was nervous about his surgery especially knowing what I know now. Also I had a really hard time studying for my last final the day of his surgery. Thank God that He kept my dad safe and me sane. My mom and brother were not as nervous since they didn't know exactly all the anatomy but they were worried because it was such a long procedure. How funny. God loves giving us funny moments. By the time I got back home, my dad had already been in the hospital for about 2 days but he just really wanted to go home. He came home 2 days ago but he needs lots of TLC. Basically, he sort of immobile, so me and my family has to help him with everything to keep his back stable. Doc said it'll be about a 3 months recovery perhaps more. Something interesting was that my dad's doc is a big shot and also a pastor at his church. What a surprise that was to me!

I want to share a song that has helped me the last couple of weeks. It's a reassurance that God is always there and will never abandon me. It's called "Even If I Fall".

I may pass through the waters
But one thing I know, You are with me
I may walk through the fire,
But one thing I know, You are with me
Though my way seems uncertain,
In You I'll put my trust.

Chorus
(Men )
When You're with me, I will rise up
When You lift me up (repeat)
(Ladies)
Even if I fall, I'll rise again for You are my God
Even if I fall, You lift me up (repeat)

I may go through some trials
But I will not fear, for You are with me
I will go to the mountain,
And I will press on, for You are with me
Though my way seems uncertain
In You I'll put my trust.

God has definitely provided and well. He even gave me the opportunity to talk to a few girls in school that feel the way I do, like we are loners among our class because of our beliefs and the fact that very few people are at the same stage in life. I'm glad God gave me a couple of girls that I can talk to for certain things even though it won't be like the gals I know and love in college.

Thank the Lord for everything. Always in abundance.

No comments: